Sunday, February 5, 2012

It was only a matter of time.....

Evey
Yes, it finally happened. We had a friendly chat with the folks at the alarm company. Someone, and I won't name names figured that a dog that has been lazing away all night must desperately need the bathroom and out of real concern for her bursting bladder hastily opened the door and next thing you knew there was piercing noise and lights flashing "intruder alert", intruder alert" - ok maybe that is a little dramatic but it sure wakes you up. I knew I should have had my coffee first.  ooops did I say me? 




Yesterday was a bit of a challenge, the stress must be getting to me. So, after the alarm affair I got ready for a morning of service (Pat was heading to work for some pre-inventory counts) and headed out to the arrangement.  I knew the night before that the car was running on empty but figured I had enough gas to get to the arrangement and then fill up afterwards.  I was relieved to see that I was a full 5 minutes early as I rang the bell to the apartment where we meet. I waited, and .... no answer. Hummm, what day is it? Why, it's the first Saturday of the month which means I should have gone to the Kingdom Hall instead.  Well, I definitely didn't have enough gas now to get all the way downtown Halifax so I headed to the gas station around the corner.  I quickly texted a sister to tell her I was on the way hoping that she had her phone set to silent.  I managed to get there just before the prayer and found out I was working with Leah the young sister that visited Nicaragua with us in September.  It was a real treat and we enjoyed the morning together and had a nice bible study with a young mom.


So - update on our apartment - we still haven't moved everything out!  We are finding this move far more challenging than just moving from one apartment to another.  After all, you usually only need to throw everything in boxes and sort it out when you get there.  This time we have to go through absolutely everything.  We are almost there.  Monday should see us finished and the apartment clean.  Then will be the really difficult part - we will have to weigh, cull and resort our 4 large suitcases to make sure we don't go over weight. 


Update on our Nica house - We were asked to send a deposit by bank transfer.  However, our bank doesn't do international transfers and emailing the money wouldn't work either.  So, we sent the money by Western Union.  It turned out to be a quick and easy solution.  The money was ready for them to pick up in 15 minutes. It's all really exciting and we are looking forward to seeing the house in person.  I guess we only have 23 days until we see it first hand.
Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment