Friday, March 16, 2012

Do you know what this is?

As I've mentioned before, our house is "open" to the elements. So far it hasn't been a problem. We have figured out that the "prints" on the kitchen wall belong to the young neighbourhood cat.  I'm still trying to befriend it but since Pat doesn't want me to feed it the process is going to be a long slow one. We don't see it very often during the daytime but when we do I talk to it and now it doesn't run away - ok, it runs away but it will think about it first.....

So, this morning when we got up, along with the usual leaves and dirt we found this:

At first glance it appeared to be a piece of wood or dried up leaf, however, when we took a closer look we realized that it was a moth that had flown in and was have a sleep before it moved on. We decided to help it on it's way......





I must be starting to have "empty nest syndrome" (no cats, no dogs, no kids) because I keep looking at the little birds in the markets and thinking that it would be nice to have one. It's kind of a strange thing because I've never been too fond of birds. When I mentioned to Pat about getting one he reminded me that we would have to clean out the cage..... that was enough to put me off right there!

But, they are cute.....

No comments:

Post a Comment